The Bulgarian IT sector has been on a roll in the past decade, and is now growing faster than ever. Old entrepreneurs are reinventing themselves, while high school kids are developing multi-million dollar products. And all of them have caught the attention not only of the public, but, more importantly, of investors.
Special Report: IT Sector in Bulgaria
In "e-Bulgaria takes a leap", KInsights gathers for its valued readers a collection of articles about the country's rising tech sector, written between 2020 and 2022. It is divided into three parts - The Techscape will tell you where Bulgaria is right now in broad trends. The Big Guys will share with you some illuminating stories about large technology companies in the country. And The Startup Dreams will give you an insight into the sector's future unicorns - the young companies that are developing products used worldwide.
Tech unicorns, industry leaders and more. What you'll find in the report:
- An overview of the government's own efforts to radically digitalize the bureaucracy under newly appointed e-Gov Minister Bozhidar Bozhanov;
- Three stories on Bulgaria's homegrown future (or already present) unicorns, the size of the fintech industry and an analysis of why tech giants like Amazon, Google or Microsoft circumvent the country;
- A ranking of the largest software and fintech companies in Bulgaria for 2021;
- Profiles of the "big dogs" in the sector: IT solutions specialists SiteGround, 3D rendering champions Chaos Software, telecom Excitel and crypto bank Nexo;
- And an overview of the "rising stars" - the first Bulgarian startup to be valued at over 1 billion USD Payhawk, co-working management tool OfficeRnD, digital twins firm MYX, blockchain tourist agent software LockTrip, electronics firm Addit and deep data analysis app SessionStack.
Bulgaria as a leading IT destination
As is now obvious, Bulgaria never ceased being "nation technological", as the communist-period cliché once said. It just transformed itself from a hardware zone, to a software one. Now you will get to meet the people and stories behind it, through KInsight's first Special Report "e-Bulgaria takes a leap".